Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Transcode & burn multiple movs to 1 Blu Ray disc

I'm running Yosemite in a separate partition and am using Compressor 4.2.1.

I've been able to transcode .mov files to a Blu Ray disc using H.264 and Dolby Digital,

and even add chapter markers and text for each.

But I can't seem to find how to transcode and burn multiple .mov files to the same disc,

with a separate icon on the top menu for each movie file, and the appropriate chapter

markers displayed.

And there doesn't seem to be any instructions included in the 'help' resource for this.

The Larry Jordon resource doesn't seem to cover this either.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 10:57 AM

COmpressor's and FCP's disk creation was not it designed for multiple tracks. That's why you couldn't find anything on it. To do this properly check out Roxio Toast.

RUss

3 replies

Nov 6, 2015 11:05 AM in response to Russ H

Yes, I've been using Toast for years, and their encode process has not gone beyond the max 26 Mbps limit

and a few working templates. I had switched to Compressor to do the H.264 transcoding, with a max 35 Mbps,

and then in Toast select 'never' re-encode. O.K. But was hoping Yosemite, and the latest Compressor 4.2.1 that

now actually encodes for Blu Rays and burns them from the interface on a Mac, would be faster... So far, NOT.

Always looking for a little faster and higher quality HD video, closer to the actual capacity of a Blu Ray disc.

Thanks for your input!

How to Transcode & burn multiple movs to 1 Blu Ray disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.