Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't remember library settings for shared libraries

I have Home Sharing turned on for all of my home devices, served by a central PC, and it works great with one major annoyance. Whenever I open iTunes on one of the client computers and connect to the shared library, it opens up in albums mode. I prefer my music listed by artist, and I also want "Show Recently Added" unchecked. But I have to make these two changes every time I open a new Home Sharing session. Isn't there a way for iTunes on the client computers to remember my display settings like it does for local libraries?

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 10:57 AM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2016 11:36 AM in response to tripperspritzer

Yeah +1.

Same problem here. This ^^ is the reason why I'm not using iTunes on windows. As windows has MusicBee alternative client, which works with a straight samba share.

We need iTunes to remember on close which Daap server it was logged into, and log back in automatically on restart. And yes - remember the user's View mode setting.

Have tried opening iTunes via CMD+K --> enter daap://server.url. But unfortunately that doesnt seem to work (or it requires some other format URL / open mechanism / applescript).

Have tried dragging items (as URL) from DAAP Server --> My local library. Doesnt work either. And 'get info' on individual tracks doesnt show any DAAP URL string.

iTunes won't remember library settings for shared libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.