Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1 Viewer remains black for jpegs

I am currently running iMovie 10.1 and find that all of my imported jpeg files do not display in the viewer, it just shows a black screen. This, obviously, makes the 'super' iMovie release a bit of a joke. I have tried re-installing iMovie and re-importing the various jpeg files all to no avail. Has anyone got an answer to this problem? All of the Videos display in the viewer OK.

The jpegs are created on a Fuji Camera, which I have had no problem with until now.

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 11:15 AM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2015 7:41 AM in response to topscott

I'm not sure how to submit this as a problem as there seems to be no logic to define it. However, I inadvertently discovered a solution which works consistently for me. For the event(s), photos which have the problem, I created a shared photo stream within iPhoto(sharing with no-one but me (the Owner)), when the photo stream had been fully processed I deleted the photos from my iMovie project and then re-imported the photos into my iMovie project BUT I used the photo stream versions NOT the original Event versions.

When the import had finished successfully then all of the photos in iMovie now behave normally and quickly. and I then deleted the now redundant photo stream from iPhoto.

I have NO idea whatsoever as to what changed with the photos being in a photo stream as opposed to in an event BUT this works for me.

I hope this helps other people.

iMovie 10.1 Viewer remains black for jpegs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.