Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where do i get an update of iphoto which will work with mavericks

I have just updated my OS to Mavericks but now I can't launch iPhoto and I can't find an upgrade online for this - can anyone help please?

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 1:45 PM

14 replies

Nov 8, 2015 1:10 PM in response to PolarPeak

Unless you've obtained some version of iPhoto 9.x from the App Store previously you won't be able to upgrade to El Capitan and get iPhoto 9.6.1 from the App Store. There has to be some record of you purchasing iPhoto 9m in some form in Apple's databases. Buying an iLife 11 disk from a 3rd party retailer does not quality you to upgrade to 9.6.1. 😟

Nov 27, 2015 8:33 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks Old Toad and sorry for not responding sooner.

I tried those updates and ran into a brick wall. Unless I had purchased an update of iPhoto somewhere along the line, I still couldn't upgrade iPhoto and get it to work. After several "chats" with Apple support over at least 3 hours, I was given a redemption code for iPhoto as long as I upgraded to Yosemite. After checking that my CS5 would still work with Yosemite, I (very) reluctantly upgraded the OS again.

Yosemite has given me access to Photos which has imported all my iPhotos so I am now able to access them again. So, no need to use the redemption code they supplied. Apparently no-one at Apple knew that Yosemite would resolve the problems - go figure!

Lordy - what a process!!!!

where do i get an update of iphoto which will work with mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.