Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had to factory restore my ipod. Now, everytime I click sync, it won't do anything. Help!

I've had my ipod classic for about 7 years now. I used it for a party last week, plugged into a docking station and forgot about it. When I remembered it the other day, I went to plug it into itunes to put songs on it, but I was told that it was corrupted and needed to restore. I did that and when I went to click sync, for a split second it looked like it was working and then stopped. I did this a few times and the same thing. Currently, there's no music synced to my ipod.

My laptop recognises my ipod now and it's in good condition considering how old it is (I think). I've gone through a few procedures that I found in the forum but nothing seems to work or relate to my exact problem. I've done the disc utility thing as well. Here are the stats and maybe someone can shine a little light on what they exactly mean and if there is no more hope more my beloved ipod. Thank you!

Retracts: 11

Reallocs: 352

Start/Stops: 63743

Temp Current: 24C

Temp Min: 7C

Temp Max: 49C

iPod classic (120 GB), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 6:34 PM

See Corrupt iPod classic. I've seen worse, and you're not showing any pendings which is good. Try the break up large transfers method.

tt2

4 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:56 AM in response to turingtest2

I fixed it...not sure how though. I tried to break up the amount of songs that I wanted to sync (I have over 11,000 so I figured that was far too many to sync all at once), followed your steps and for some reason or another, everything is just currently syncing onto my ipod. Thank you so much for your help, I was dreading having to buy an ipod touch 🙂

Had to factory restore my ipod. Now, everytime I click sync, it won't do anything. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.