Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing

Hello

I have purchased season 6 of the walking dead, but my home internet would cost $10 a Gig to download the episodes (no I can't get better internet). So I added my daughter to family sharing and she downloaded the episodes available so far at her uni residence. I then used home sharing to copy the episodes to my computer when she visited. Now I get a message telling me "this item is no longer available through family sharing" inviting to me to delete it and to go back to the store and purchase it again. Of course if I do that it tells me I have already purchased it, and invites me to download. She has El Capitan and I have Yosemite, so our iTunes versions don't match. I got the same message earlier when I tried exporting the file from her computer and adding it to my iTunes. Get info shows that I purchased it and my daughter downloaded it.

Any advice appreciated. Of course I can just on my daughter's computer, but it annoys me that this process is so clunky, and it seems, buggy.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 7:55 PM

There are no replies.

family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.