Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Thumbnail Previews Are Blank When I Open My Document

I have my sidebar set to Show Page Thumbnails. If I quit Pages, and then reopen the document, the thumbnails are blank. If I toggle the sidebar setting to Hide Page Thumbnails, and then to Show Page Thumbnails, then the preview images appear. Is there a way to make this work, or is this a bug?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 6:36 AM

16 replies

Nov 8, 2015 5:40 AM in response to Paul142857

I contacted support about this and they responded very quickly. The Pages support expert shared my screen and confirmed the problem. He then had me create a new user account for my computer and under that "person" access the file and the thumbnails were fine so he said the problem is connected to the specific user account logged into the computer. He is documenting all of this and sending it on to another support department. So we will see where this leads to.

Nov 10, 2015 4:51 PM in response to joel6653

I did a followup with the Apple technical support people and they seem to be stumped on this - at least the part of support that works with Pages did not have a fix for me. They asked me to report it to the El Capitan people through "product feedback" and said that all of the feedback that they receive really is looked at and taken seriously. I'm not going to "hold my breath" but I will say that Apple's support team has been a lot better than any experience that I have had trying to get help from Microsoft in the past!

Pages Thumbnail Previews Are Blank When I Open My Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.