Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to my mac book pro

Unable to login to my mac book pro, just complete some auto software upgrade, not sure which particular application though. Right now when I try to login it appears system attempts to login, then just shuts down. I have made several attempts to login without success.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.0.2, Not sure about the os though

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 12:34 AM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

If 10.7.0 or later...

Bootup holding CMD+r, or the Option/alt key to boot from the Restore partition & use Disk Utility from there to Repair the Disk, then Repair Permissions.

Any change?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2015 12:34 AM in response to Gtafri

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive & clear caches.)

If 10.7.0 or later...

Bootup holding CMD+r, or the Option/alt key to boot from the Restore partition & use Disk Utility from there to Repair the Disk, then Repair Permissions.

Any change?

Unable to login to my mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.