Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote connection lost

With the new AppleTV 4, I'm getting a repeating problem. The remote often seems to lose and then regain its connection with the network. Every few minutes I see in the top right hand corner of the TV a "remote connection lost" message followed in a few seconds by a remote connection regained message. Does anybody else have this problem? I suppose it could be a Wi-Fi problem outside of the AppleTV's domain, but it may not be.

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 7:21 AM

12 replies

Nov 9, 2015 1:34 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks, Winston. Of all the responses, I think yours was the closest. I think my AppleTV remote was losing its connection due to interference with a nearby laptop. It was not because it needed charging (the charge is full, it is brand new afterall) but because my laptop was just a few inches away. If it happens again, I think "re-pairing" the remote would be next on my list. Thanks again for all responses.

Nov 26, 2015 11:11 AM in response to hailgalvatron

I receive this message on my Apple TV 4 every few minutes. I've charged the remote, and this did not resolve the issue. I have moved the remote closer to the Apple TV unit, and the only way to stop that message from continuously appears is to place the remote directly on top of the Apple TV itself. Nothing else in the vicinity is running bluetooth. I never had this problem with my Apple TV 2 (which is unplugged, and unlikely to be the source of the issue).

Dec 23, 2016 8:02 PM in response to lylebardo787

One more observation. I bought a new Gen 4 Apple TV and the remote worked fine for months until I dropped it and shattered the glass. I bought a new remote and paired it with the base and immediately started having this issue. The old remote had to be moved out of Bluetooth range before I could pair the new one since only one remote can be connected at a time. My theory is that the old and new remotes are competing for connection to the base. Any thoughts?

remote connection lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.