You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Keeps Trying to Download iPhone App That's Not On the Server

iTunes 12.3.1 (latest version)

OS X El Capitan 10.11

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid-2012)

Whenever I open iTunes on my MacBook Pro, it automatically tries to download an app I have on my iPhone called "Binarrator". This app is no longer on the server, so it will not download. I tried unchecking "Apps" in "Automatic Downloads" in Preferences, then restarted iTunes, but it still tries to download it again.

How do I get it to stop trying to download this app? I deleted the app from my iPhone.

Screen shots:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 8:58 AM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2015 11:22 AM in response to jaker6

The 404 error has been around for a few weeks - I've had it on a couple of apps which have since been fixed and have downloaded (there is a new developer function called 'app thinning', and the URL in your first screenshot includes 'pre-thinned' in it, whether that's a coincidence I don't know, but it appears to be looking in the wrong place for the app).

I can see that app still in the US store. On the second screenshot you should be able to select/highlight the app there and delete it, and then retry the download - but it may take a few days for it to eventually work, so you may have to retry (deleting and retrying) a few times (one of mine worked the following day, the other 3 or 4 days later)

iTunes Keeps Trying to Download iPhone App That's Not On the Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.