Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing frames

My old iMac is dead so I had to install FCE on another iMac (running on Snow leopard).

I tried to make a little movie and I was very surprised to see that I had problems with "freeze frame".

I have a timeline withe a clip on it. Somewhere in the middle of the clip (at point x) I made a freeze frame because I wanted to extend that frame on point x. So I placed the frozen picture one frame after point x.

Above the frozen picture appeared a red line.

The place of the point x doesn't matter. Every time I see that red line appearing.

With FCE on my old iMac that was not the case when I used clips on a timeline with identical settings (frame size, vid rate, Field dominance, .. )

I am already using FCE several years, ... and this is the first time I see this.

Was there a setting I had to activate by reinstalling FCE?

Of coarse by rendering that part the red line disappeared, but it is very annoying.

When in this case rendering is needed, it means that the setting of the "frame freeze" doesn't match the settings of the sequence. And that action degrades the quality (sharpness) of the picture.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 12:45 PM

There are no replies.

Freezing frames

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.