Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to download AVCHD movies onto harddrive

How can I get movies on a Canon Vixia HR R62 camcorder downloaded into iMovie or at least get them put onto my hard drive? The movies are recorded as AVCHD. iMovie recognizes the camera but does not show any of the AVCHD movies for importing. It can see the MP4 movies only.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 5:20 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 12:38 PM in response to Nicolas Strobel

Hello,

I have the same issue with my Canon Legria HF G30 since I moved to Yosemite and iMovie 10.

It' strange but I noticed that the AVCHD movies can be imported with Photos because it recognizes them.

So you can import your movies with Photos and access to Photos Library with iMovie.

I have just had a 1-hour phone call with Apple support to talk about this issue and

they don't know why it doesn't work directly with iMovie.

It's the only way for the moment.

Dec 2, 2015 9:10 PM in response to bretisnow

Unfortunately, my computers don't see the AVCHD on the camera, whether they are in the camera's internal memory or on the SD card in the camera. Don't see the AVCHD files in Photos with Yosemite on my iMac or Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. Don't see the AVCHD movies even using the Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC software! Only see the MP4 files. I also tried an old iMac running OS 10.6.8 with iPhoto '08 version 7.1.5 and that old iPhoto could only see the MP4 files.

Thanks for your reply anyway!

Need to download AVCHD movies onto harddrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.