Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer recognizes the iPod Nano, but ITUNES can not properly identify my device. I have the latest version of iTunes, I tried everything so far: reinstall iTunes, but nothing helps. It is the seventh-generation iPod nano (16 GB). Please help.

My computer recognizes the iPod Nano, but ITUNES can not properly identify my device. I have the latest version of iTunes, I tried everything so far: reinstall iTunes, unplug and plug it again, but nothing helps. It is the seventh-generation iPod nano (16 GB). Please help. What should I do ? Thank you!

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 12:40 AM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2015 10:34 AM in response to domkol

Hi, domkol.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are receiving an alert that iTunes cannot identify your device properly. Start with the section labeled Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed > Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 > If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed > Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Cheers

My computer recognizes the iPod Nano, but ITUNES can not properly identify my device. I have the latest version of iTunes, I tried everything so far: reinstall iTunes, but nothing helps. It is the seventh-generation iPod nano (16 GB). Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.