Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing connection failed pop -ups

Sometime ago I removed a NAS drive from my MAC but I keep getting pop-ups every time I log on with Connection Failed and informing me that server xxx may not exist or it is unavailable at this time etc.

Does anyone know how to remove this annoying pop-up?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 12:21 AM

Not sure if this will work, but try ( is Apple Menu)

 -> Recent Items -> Clear Menu

9 replies

Nov 10, 2015 5:33 AM in response to whitgx

Putting my "Guessing Hat" on.

Is there an /etc/fstab with a reference to your NAS mounted file system?

Is there anything related to your NAS in /etc/*auto* files?

Does Disk Utility have any entries related to your NAS?

Do you remember ever creating an Alias to any file on the NAS? An Alias contains network file server connection information, and opening an Alias will attempt to reconnect to the network file server.

Does this happen if you boot up in Safe mode?

<http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1564>

Safe mode skips starting various 3rd party additions, as well as your startup items.

Nov 10, 2015 6:12 AM in response to whitgx

Couldn't find any Tab in the NAS drive which references /etc/fs nor /etc/*auto*.

I not sure if it is just a wording issue, or if I sent you to look in the wrong place. I was suggesting that you look in your Mac's /etc/fstab (if it exists) and any /etc/*auto* (for autofs/automount) files that may exist on your Mac's /etc directory (also know as /private/etc). Not for you to look for those files on the NAS.

If I was just confused by your wording, I apologize.

Tried rebooting in safe mode but came up still.

I find it really strange. What would try to access a NAS even when booted into Safe mode?

Have you ever played with "LoginHooks"?

Can you create a new test user account? If you set that account as the default login account after boot, does the NAS try to mount? The idea is to figure out if this is associated with your account, or if it is something global.

Remember to change your default login account back to your normal account when done.

Maybe BDAqua has some more ideas?

Oh yea. With all this experimentation, are you maintaining good backups? I wouldn't want to suggest something and have it go bad. I do not think I have suggested anything dangerous yet, but as my ideas get more far fetched, you never know.

Removing connection failed pop -ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.