Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random "good morning" message appears on screen

iphone6 occasionally says "good morning, Jason" on he bottom screen and says its from notes. When I click on notes there is nothing. Where is this message coming from?!?

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 7:28 AM

27 replies

Oct 31, 2016 9:17 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

One more of the not millions of people having this issue. It's more of an annoyance than a problem, so I'm guessing the millions of people required to meet your threshold just don't care that much. The suggestion below worked for me. It was the Siri suggested apps widget. Swipe left from home screen, edit widgets, etc.. No more "good morning" message from my daughter's games on my iPad.

Feb 16, 2018 6:17 AM in response to SjanieJ

The good morning banners are a combination of SIRI and WIDGETS.

1. Go to your home screen,

2.$wip3 left to go to the widgets tab,

3.scroll to the bottom of widgets and click the “edit” circle

4.delete “Siri app suggestions”

Hope that was helpful, hope your day is good and hope your not as problematically addicted to technology as I am

Feb 27, 2018 10:02 AM in response to SjanieJ

Specib's answer worked for me, thanks! Though, I'd like to add that mine would say "Good morning, Doreen." Doreen is my wife! I cannot find her name in my settings anywhere! It was humorous, but also annoying, that a random App on my phone would say good morning to my wife each morning. But now thanks to Specib, I have removed the message altogether. Thanks!

Jan 23, 2016 6:33 AM in response to SjanieJ

I Had this happen but from White Noise. I contacted them and they assured me it wasn't them. I deleted the app and the problem went away for about 2 weeks. This morning a got a good morning from The Weather Channel app. NO! I love this app, I don't want to delete it, too. So I did more research and found out it is Apple saying good morning. And I found this: iOS Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps > Suggested. Turn that off. Problem solved!

Jan 23, 2016 7:11 AM in response to Alittlediamond

Alittlediamond wrote:

So I did more research and found out it is Apple saying good morning. And I found this: iOS Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps > Suggested. Turn that off. Problem solved!

No, Apple doesn't just send random messages saying good morning. If Handoff were the problem, millions of people would be seeing this. They're not. If you don't want to use the features of Handoff, that's fine. But, it's not the underlying problem.

Random "good morning" message appears on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.