Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 battery draining too quickly

My Magic Mouse 2 is going through a charge way too fast, e.g. 100% to 17% in less than 3 days. Apple say it should last a month or more.

It is also taking much longer to charge up than the 2 hours Apple say it needs.

Is anyone else getting this?

Also, what's the advice on switching it on / off? Should it be switched off when the Mac is left asleep? The example above is switching off when the Mac is switched off at night, but leaving it on when the Mac is asleep during the day. Isn't it supposed to go to sleep automatically when the Mac is asleep?

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 2:48 AM

Same for me, my mouse was dead this morning and I've only had it a few days so it's drained a full charge, so I plugged it in for 10 minutes and it went to 7%. I've read that 2 minutes should get you a day's use - less than 1 hour later and it's flat again! My new keyboard is on 91% and I've had that a week.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2015 2:48 AM in response to NickRich

Same for me, my mouse was dead this morning and I've only had it a few days so it's drained a full charge, so I plugged it in for 10 minutes and it went to 7%. I've read that 2 minutes should get you a day's use - less than 1 hour later and it's flat again! My new keyboard is on 91% and I've had that a week.

Dec 4, 2015 9:31 AM in response to NickRich

My magic mouse 2 lasts for about 2/3 days also from a full charge. I have to charge it overnight every other night (pain in the ***) if i forget then it means it has to sit there on my desk upside down charging for hours (as a 2min charge gives be just about enough battery for the computer to recognise/pair the mouse again) but it then dies again shortly after. MASSIVE thumbs down from me!

Sep 30, 2017 1:20 PM in response to GB110

Buy another mouse. I know this sounds hard but Apple give a warranty. Situations such as yours do not arise very often; they don't show up overnight but when signs of things going wrong appear you need to ask in these columns.

Tagging onto old posts will not help. Most carry solved signs so the people who would answer your questions ignore old posts, expecting you will read them and learn from them.

It is rare for a product to break down so early and if yours is one, and you ask the question, you will be advised to turn it in for examination ... and replacement.

Magic Mouse 2 battery draining too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.