Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing only shows library from purchases made on iPhone; not from library on iMac

I've just purchased the newest Apple TV and want to use it to access and play tunes from my iTunes library. I have a 2009 iMac (OSX Yosemite 10.10.5) that has a large library on iTunes. I also have an iPhone 6 that has the same library (from a synch with the iMac), though a few songs were purchased directly with the iPhone from iTunes. I am signed into both the iPhone and iMac with the same Apple ID and have Home Sharing authorized on both devices. When I access my music on Apple TV, it only shows a few songs that I happened to have purchased through iTunes on the iPhone; none of the songs/albums which were uploaded from CDs to the iMac or purchased using the iMac show up on Apple TV. Although I have two different Apple IDs (and it's possible that the CDs were uploaded to the iMac when I was signed in to the other Apple ID), all the songs show up on the iMac when I sign into the same Apple ID that Apple TV is using. So, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here and how I can get the same library that is on my iMac to show up on Apple TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 9:36 AM

1 reply

Home Sharing only shows library from purchases made on iPhone; not from library on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.