Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Verification pop-up

I have an iPhone 6s Plus that keeps popping up Apple ID verification constantly. I took one phone back because it did this. I got this one last night and this one does it too. I have called Apple twice. First guy had me change my Apple ID password. Thought it worked, but 15 minutes later it popped up again.. I called Apple again and this girl told me to sign out of the Apps&itunes then shut the phone off and sign back in.. I did that and thought I was in the clear. Two hours later Apple ID Verificaton shows up again. I have reset all settings, shut the thing off and on a dozen times, signed in and out of everything. Apple says nothing is wrong with my Apple ID. It's annoying and closest a Apple Store is an hour and a half away, so hopefully someone can help me so I don't have to drive back there... Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 4:53 PM

8 replies

Nov 9, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Sshreffler

There are other reports of this same complaint. There doesn't seem to be any consistent reason for this behavior, but it may be related to unreliable or inconsistent network performance. If you just ignore the prompt when it occurs (tap "not not" or "later" or whichever equivalent choice appears), your iPhone or iPad will probably continue to work normally. If not, you may be experiencing a different problem.

It amounts to a annoyance that may or may not be addressed in a future iOS update.

Nov 24, 2015 1:23 PM in response to John Galt

My prompt on my iPhone 6s goes a step further. Once I sign in rather than "not now" it says "your apple id needs to be updated" - so after trying everything - including a set up as new - I did reset my password (and had to on two iPads and my Mac - zero fun). The Genuis at Apple insisted that was the fix. And for a few moments I thought it could be. Nope.

I still get the prompts for every power cycle and once just all on its own and to make it worse, I have VERY sporadic automatic iCloud backups. I can reset network setting for those to start backing up, but that restarts my phone and then I get the prompt again - and if I sign in it alerts my iPad that a new phone is using FaceTiime and Messages.

I have an iPad 3 running 8.4.1 and an iPad Air running 9.0.1 and this doesn't happen on those devices and they're CHAMPS about backing to iCloud. I've been to Apple twice, they're stumped and have an open case with Apple Support.

Makes me miss my 4s that was running some version of 8... not a worry in the world.

Any wisdom?

Nov 24, 2015 2:34 PM in response to pinkapplemac

Well I had to end up getting another 6s plus. This time instead of updated the software just in my network or wifi, I downloaded iTunes on my laptop, hooked my phone up to the laptop and updated software that way. Since I did it that way, I have not had the Apple ID verification pop-up at all (knock on wood). But don't know if you could restore all your gadgets then do the software update through iTunes or not? I don't know enough to tell you to definitely do that. hopefully you can get some help! It's annoying for sure!

Nov 24, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Sshreffler

I can't believe they gave you another phone! I got a second one, but man, it took two trips and like five hours and they finally handed me over to Apple Support with my second, buggy phone.

I had my laptop there with me and used iTunes every time and have the issue. Apple even did that in the store to download and reset the firmware and update the software before we used my laptop to restore from iTunes.Meantime, I have the bug. And cannot get rid of it.

However, yes, knock wood because Apple just told me it's a known bug and they're working on it - or let us hope. I have tried all things via iTunes on my MacBookPro to fix phone. I always prefer to update and restore via iTunes. Over the air may take hours for a restore and you have to leave the device pretty much undisturbed. Plus, using iTunes is a hundred times faster. I back up weekly to iTunes and nightly (when the 6s decided it will) to iCloud for any 911 that may occur and iTunes wouldn't be there for me.

Good luck!!

Apple ID Verification pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.