Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to click on a file multiple times to open them.

I have the 15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display, running OS X Yosemite ver. 10.10.5, just purchased brand new last week.

The issue I am having is I have to click on a file (using the trackpad and w/ or w/o a USB mouse connected) multiple times to open. I've just recently noticed this, and I know for a fact I was able to open files with 1 click or double click with ease before. Clicks are very intermittent as well, sometimes I can open a file with 2 clicks and the next time I try it doesn't work. It's very inconsistent. I believe it has something to do with the system because even with the USB mouse it does the same thing, and is perfectly fine on my other laptop.

I looked into Settings and see if anything would fix the issue, nothing.

Files include folders, movies, photos (so far that I have noticed)

I have searched the same issue others are having but I have not found any answers/solutions, only a lot of replies that others are saying having the same issues. The posts I have seen seem to be outdated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 5:21 PM

Hi, sundalo92.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you may need to adjust the double-click speed on your new MacBook Pro. You can find this preference in Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Mouse & Trackpad. Once there, adjust the double-click speed and see if this resolves the issue.

OS X El Capitan: Use accessibility features

Cheers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2015 5:21 PM in response to sundalo92

Hi, sundalo92.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you may need to adjust the double-click speed on your new MacBook Pro. You can find this preference in Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Mouse & Trackpad. Once there, adjust the double-click speed and see if this resolves the issue.

OS X El Capitan: Use accessibility features

Cheers

I have to click on a file multiple times to open them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.