Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4 problems

Got my new Apple TV and must say that I am happy with the purchase, however there seems to be more than a few glitches that need to be fixed that seem pretty basic to me.

1. No search facility for my itunes library,
  2. Parental controls not functioning correctly across the apps i.e netflix, Video HD etc etc
  3. Parental controls not functioning correctly with my itunes library content - M/MA15+ content plays with no request for password despite being set at PG. Only affects some content, not all. And yes, the content referred to were all purchased from Apple.
  4. My itunes library is not indexing correctly - i.e. selecting to play a music video plays a TV program. Was not a problem before.
  5. How come apple removed sort by artist feature in music videos. takes forever to find something now.
  6. The apple tv keeps on asking for a password before it switches to the screen saver - not sure why as the content being viewed is not rated.

Having to disconnect the ATV at the moment to avoid little one watching they shouldn't. Not cool.

Waiting to see what the future updates bring.

Arrggghhh...

Apple TV, tvOS

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 10:01 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 2:11 PM in response to bobos73

I also have a problem with the new Apple Tv 4, when I play a Slideshow on one of my photos albums, it starts to repeat the slides all the time and it is very annoying!, and it does´t matter if it is a 40 pictures album or 200. It is repeating again and again. Besides Now it doesn´t show the slideshow with music! What have you done!!! Does someone know what happened??Thank you. Mike

Apple TV 4 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.