Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick time 7.78 and windows 10 solved

I found an alternate solution to the trouble of installing Quick time 7.78 on Windows 10.You need a clean install.Try completely uninstalling old version and then download 7.78. Left click program to bring up context menu without installing Quick time yet.Click troubleshoot compatibility and choose pick which version it previously worked on.Choose Windows 7 and it finally installed. I had a lot of difficulty installing it before this method worked.I did not use the Tommy method as I do not like to use "alternative" software or programs in fear of malware.

Windows 10, Quicktime 7.78 for windows 10

Posted on Nov 8, 2015 11:04 PM

1 reply

Sep 14, 2017 8:46 PM in response to nairb11236

After several attempts of installing QuickTime 7; 7.7.6; 7.7.8 and 7.7.9 I search the Apple Support and the User's Community to find that nobody cares about giving solutions to problems with QuickTime....

Well.... I care.

The reply to the following question has been confirmed with a very quick installation.

How can I get Quicktime to install it gives me this message "ul_catalog.98CB24AD_52FBDb5F_FF1F_C8B3B9A1E18E' cannot be installed because it can't be found cabinet file"QuickTime.cab. ?

All the files that you download from Apple are secured with a "Lock" all you have to do is to right click on the file name "QuickTimeInstaller.exe" to get the menu and click on properties, in the general tabat the "Attributes" area (bottom section) you will see the button "Unlock", click it, then click on "Apply" and click on "OK" to close the properties.

Now, right click the filename "QuickTimeInstaller.exe" again, and this time click on" Run as administrator" and accept to continue with the installation.

Follow the installer's instructions and let it install the program; in my case after many attempts I finally installed the program without incidents.

I would had love to hear from from Apple this solution, which could have saved me some hours; but as I said before they don't care...

Quick time 7.78 and windows 10 solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.