Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot export Master File I receive error: this is null!

When I export the Master File (default) I receive an error code: this is null! My OS and FCPX are up to date and I have sufficient space for export on my hard drive.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thank you in advance.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 8:54 AM

7 replies

Apr 18, 2017 1:35 PM in response to TimaVid

In your Master File export panel, change the Video codec to any other value in the drop-down menu - I've been selecting Apple ProRes 422 (which is the same codec, but without the Source- designation). Works as expected after that.

Unfortunately, I've been having to do this for every ProRes export since upgrading to 10.3.3 - still trying to find a permanent fix.

Nov 24, 2015 10:37 AM in response to TimaVid

Two things:

1) Delete Preferences: hold down command and option keys while starting FCP X, and confirm to delete the preferences. This will NOT delete your libraries, but you will have to open them manually the first time.

2) If the above does not solve it, you may have to delete and reinstall FCP X. Use FCS Remover to completely remove FCP X and any auxiliar files (again, this does NOT delete your own libraries and media). Then download a fresh copy from the Purchases section of the Mac App Store. You'll have to log in using the same Apple ID used to buy the application.

Cannot export Master File I receive error: this is null!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.