Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c +iOS 9.1 + Carplay + 2016 Honda Accord Coupe = no Siri

Hello all,

The subject line says it all, just bought the car (touring model if that makes any difference) and surprisingly, off the lot then once or twice in the following days Siri responded and read and wrote texts for me, flawless. Now, nothing... I hit the messages app or a drop down telling me I got a text and Siri hangs for almost a minute, then says something like, "I'm sorry, I can't connect right now, try again later" and the screen states that there's no internet connection.

Aside from Siri, I'd have to say Carplay is functional (i.e. Music, Maps, etc...), but then again, Siri is a pretty major part of Carplay if not its core... Tried turning the phone on and off and when the phone cycles the car's system doesn't even recognize it as a compatible device! When I try and check voicemail or make a call, which also worked initially, Siri also hangs and responds as above when connected properly.

The one thing I can remember trying to do, was to enable “wireless” Carplay when prompted by iOS on the phone, only to find out that this car probably doesn’t (and won’t?) support it. This was me simply holding down the voice command button on the steering wheel, but to no avail obviously. Maybe I put the car in some weird state, but nothing else is affected and other than connecting and disconnecting the phone and retrying the above, nothing budged since Siri “lost the connection”.

This is all considering I have a strong signal and the other apps seems to work. So I spoke with a rep from Apple and interestingly enough, they have the same car! So, they cut to the chase saying that a tech at the dealer where they purchased the car said specifically the 5c model would not work with that vehicle. I’m taking a leap that this has to be the car’s software as Apple clearly advertises that Carplay should play perfectly fine with the 5c.

Anyone else seen this with the same combination of car and phone or something very similar? I can’t find mention of it elsewhere nor a list published by Honda stating incompatibility with the 5c. Anything people have heard or experienced would be helpful, I really hope to use Carplay to its fullest, but this is completely breaking it.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 11:04 AM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2015 4:30 AM in response to snausage

Well, a small update for anyone interested: At the request of the dealer, I went into the car's settings and wiped the iPhone from the Bluetooth/Wifi and CarPlay, then I also removed the car from the iOS Bluetooth devices. From there, restarted the phone, plugged it in and still no dice...

The next logical step might be restoring my phone then reloading all my stuff without my settings to see if that works, then slowly return my phone to its current state settings until I trip something?

Anyone else out there using an Accord with an iPhone 6, 6S, or 6S+ with or without issues...? Heck even a non-'c' iPhone 5 with any Honda 2015 on?

iPhone 5c +iOS 9.1 + Carplay + 2016 Honda Accord Coupe = no Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.