Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a projector Acer c120, and I want it to work with my MacBook Pro. There is a way to make it compatible ????

I have a projector Acer c120, and I want it to work with my MacBook Pro. There is a way to make it compatible ????

Help me please!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 11:52 AM

7 replies

Nov 9, 2015 2:15 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Although I have never used or seen a c120, I think the restriction is that the projector's software won't work with a Mac. Something similar to some devices such as router's not working with Macs if you install the software. But they do work without the installed software by configuring manually.

If I was the OP I would try the projector and set up system preferences to use the projector as an external display. It may or may not work but I'd give it a try. I've used many projectors and have never installed any software that came with them.

Nov 9, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Howdy Grant

regarding your intended pun projector's release when it started talking about TWO simultaneous USB connections required for Full Brightness - beyond my comprehension!

In looking at the specs, the resolution was also incomprehensibly LOW = 89? X ???

Did you see the specs in the acer link? At the very bottom? Plainly says no Mac or Android.

Nov 9, 2015 3:26 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

SNIP

regarding your intended pun projector's release when it started talking about TWO simultaneous USB connections required for Full Brightness - beyond my comprehension!

SNIP

regarding your intended pun, when searching, I read a review contemporary with the projector's release and I stopped reading when it started talking about TWO simultaneous USB connections required for Full Brightness - beyond my comprehension!

drat this TineMCE editor!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.