Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X11 not redirecting application

Hi!

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on opening applications (e.g., Matlab) on my desktop at work (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5) using my laptop. I open an xterm on my laptop and type ssh -Y username@deskotp.ip.address, navigate to where my applications are stored, open the application, then another prompt appears in the terminal. Meanwhile, because I've done this exercise with the two computers next to each other, I can see that the application I tried to open on my laptop instead opened on the desktop. So, I am able to remotely open applications, but not see or interact with them. Meanwhile, I can use X11 on the same laptop to open, view, and interact with applications from a server. Given that I can interact with applications on a server, but not my desktop computer, I am led to believe that my desktop computer is not appropriately configured for x11 forwarding. So far, I have made the following changes in sshd_config...

X11Forwarding yes

XauthLocation /opt/X11/bin/xauth

X11DisplayOffset 10

X11UseLocalhost yes

...but this doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 2:36 PM

1 reply

X11 not redirecting application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.