Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 7 ipps-7.1.dll missing error popups

Hey folks. I purchased Quicktime Pro 7. Upon installing it and trying to run, I get the popup error: "The program can't start because ipps-7.1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I re-installed 4 times with the same result. When I try to open a mov file, the popup will come up a dozen to 3 dozen times before I'm able to see the video playing. Even then it plays for a few seconds before more popups come up.

I'm running Windows 7 Premium on Dell XPS8500 with i7, 16gb ram. I have Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, VLC Player installed.

Quicktime Pro 7-OTHER, Windows 7, null

Posted on Nov 9, 2015 6:24 PM

2 replies

Nov 11, 2015 6:36 AM in response to vincekeala

Hi vincekeala,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, you're running into an issue installing QuickTime 7 Pro on your PC that is running Windows 7. Take a look at the article below which provides a lot of great information that you can use to iTunes, QuickTime Player and the related software from your PC before attempting to reinstall it again.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Cheers.

Dec 7, 2015 4:18 AM in response to Jason L

I have exactly the same issue. We're talking quicktime pro here - most people using it are unlikely to be running itunes, given it's resource requirements and other problematic 'features'. I'm afraid the 'uninstall and reinstall' itunes instructions are for the wrong software, although it often helps to uninstall and reinstall a problematic app, in this case quicktime pro. Quicktime Pro is generally used by people creating professional level videos who are likely to have done this before coming to the forum. I am running Win 8.1 Pro, and my Adobe apps will not render to Quicktime due to this issue and Media Encoder just spits out errors if I run it by itself, before I've selected QT as an output. I can only close AME by going into my task manager and killing the adobe QT service. I'd assume the problem is with adobe, only it happens with all my other video creation apps as well.

VinceKeala - if you have managed to sort this problem please let us know.

cheers,

J

Quicktime 7 ipps-7.1.dll missing error popups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.