Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locally host webpage, to search host for images using spotlight

I'm just experimenting here, but I am thinking of creating a webpage that is locally hosted so that other on the network can view it then they a put a search term in, usually a filename then parse the information to terminal using something like this, then load that file to the page?

mdfind -onlyin /Volumes/Images 'kMDItemDisplayName == \"" & fileName & "*.png\"c'

I no very little on webpage development, but could this be possible?

Matt

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 8:19 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2015 2:28 PM in response to MattJayC

Google will search for filenames.

You can create free web sites with:

https://www.google.com/work/apps/business/products/sites/?utm_source=google&utm_ medium=cpc&utm_campaign=na-us-en-sites-b…

Self hosting web sites has gone out of favor. There is too many attacks on web sites for you to do it yourself. It much better to host yourself on a professionally run server.

R

Locally host webpage, to search host for images using spotlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.