Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X crashes when stabilising footage

Hi,

I am running the latest version of Final Cut Pro X, working in my regular workflow. Every 2nd time I go to stabilise a piece of footage, FCPX crashes. When it reloads, it then stabilises the footage I asked it to stabilise.

It's quite weird, not come across this problem before. Generally, I record without needing to stabilise footage, but as you can imagine, eight times in a row is rather frustrating.

If you've got any tips / knowledge on what's going wrong I would welcome your advice. If it's just a glitch, will Apple be aware of it?

Many Thanks,

Simon

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 6:53 AM

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue as Simon. I am using FCPX for many years now but never came across this issue. I am using the latest versions of software FCPX and OSX on an 2012 iMac.

Might be a glitch in the lastest version.

Alexander

17 replies

Nov 24, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I alos have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB and updated to the driver given in you link. Still crashing every other time I apply stabilization to a clip in FCPX.

Tom, Is there any talk at Apple about investigating this issue. Seems very ironic that Apples own update is hurting the most serious users of their own professional software (defined by the choice to purchase a faster graphics card.

Nov 25, 2015 7:02 AM in response to Danny SF

Danny SF wrote:

I alos have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB and updated to the driver given in you link. Still crashing every other time I apply stabilization to a clip in FCPX.

Tom, Is there any talk at Apple about investigating this issue. Seems very ironic that Apples own update is hurting the most serious users of their own professional software (defined by the choice to purchase a faster graphics card.

We're all users here. The best course of action is to tell Apple directly.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Final Cut Pro X crashes when stabilising footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.