Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change of Country and Payment Method Rejection

Hello,

For some reason my country is appearing as United States whereas I am in Pakistan. I have never bought a paid app, as I mostly use my phone for making calls and texts only. Now I want a certain app. When I checked, it was available in Asia but not in the United States. When I try to change my country, it asks for a valid payment method. Although, the app I want is a free app, but still I'm entering my credit card details. It keeps rejecting the payment method and hence I'm unable to change the country. Any suggestions? A few people suggested that it might be because of an earlier incomplete transaction but as I've never bought a paid app before, so the question of an incomplete transaction doesn't arise.

Regards, Noaman

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2017 12:42 AM

If you are entering a debit card that might be why, not all seem to work with iTunes.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2017 12:42 AM in response to Asad_Kamboh

If you are entering a debit card that might be why, not all seem to work with iTunes.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account).

Nov 10, 2015 9:41 AM in response to King_Penguin

I did try that option. My payment method is set to None. When I try to change it, it gives an error, as the billing address is still showing the state as Wisconsin and the country as United States. The error says 'Your credit card was declined or We couldn't verify your address' That's probably because the visa card was issued in Pakistan and hence conflicts with the country mentioned in the billing address

Nov 10, 2015 9:23 AM in response to NoamanAzhar

When you change country on an account you will be asked for payment details : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you and your iTunes account are. If your card meets that then have you checked with the card issuer to see if they are ones declining it ?

Or have you got a different card that you could try ?

Change of Country and Payment Method Rejection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.