Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't set track colors sometimes

Hi guys,

I have this problem on and off. Sometimes, I can't set the track colors (I turned on "show color bars" in the track header configuration box on, and I don't have any regions selected). This happens to me on different computers with Logic installed. Unfortunately, I can't find a pattern. Sometimes it let's me color them as advertised, sometimes not.

My question is, does anybody else out there experiences this kind of problem, and if YES, did you find out why it sometimes works, and sometimes not?

Thanks a lot in advance for any inside,

Thomas

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 12:38 PM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2015 2:01 PM in response to TGMusic

You noted that you didn't have any Regions selected, so you know that selectedRegions have priority over selected Track. You can also command+click on the color to have the selected Track priority over any selected Region.

Also keep in mind. Any selected Marker, any selected Marker also has priority over selected Tracks. Unfortunately, the command+click doesn't work when Markers are selected.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Nov 11, 2015 7:07 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Thanks man. This is very helpful information, but it doesn't solve the problem. When clicking in an empty spot in the workspace all markers and regions will be deselected, right. So I should see the color bar change color on the selected track(s) when I click on a color in the color pallet, right. Well, sometimes it just won't do it, with absolutely nothing else selected.

It is frustrating. I want to mention thatIi never messed with Logic's original installation, like some do. All logic files are on my start-up disk, no aliases that point to loop files, or any of that.

Really frustrating.

T

Nov 24, 2015 2:42 PM in response to TGMusic

I figured out the problem! It is a bug. Whenever the global marke list or the marker list window is open, you can't color tracks or regions.

I can't imagine Logic programmed this on purpose, because there is no obvious advantage of not being able of coloring stuff because of markers.

Hopefully they fix this in the next upgrade. I'm just surprised that no one else seems to be bothered by this.

Can't set track colors sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.