Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Music and Playlists are blank.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V) running Android 5.0 lollipop.

My Music and Playlists are blank. I can see them on my iPad and on iTunes, but not on Android.I can't download tracks for offline listening. When I tap "Download", nothing happens.

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 2:59 PM

I had beats music, linked/synced my accounts. Now my playlists and my music, on the phone are blank. Cannot create a new playlist and cannot download music. I'm getting a "This computer cannot be transferred" error on my phone.

BUT all my playlists from beats music did sync with my computer and can be seen and played on the computer.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2015 2:59 PM in response to MaDBooM

I had beats music, linked/synced my accounts. Now my playlists and my music, on the phone are blank. Cannot create a new playlist and cannot download music. I'm getting a "This computer cannot be transferred" error on my phone.

BUT all my playlists from beats music did sync with my computer and can be seen and played on the computer.

Nov 11, 2015 5:19 AM in response to MaDBooM

I'm having an issue too.

My understanding is that Apple Music will bring in your iTunes purchases. I logged in with my Apple ID and my purchases show up then it says something like "You did not buy this item. You can not redownload this." and "This item has not been purchased. The "Song Name" cannot be downloaded because it was not purchased with your Apple ID"

However I did purchase it with my Apple ID, the same Apple ID I used on my iTunes account where I purchased it. I realize this app still says BETA but where are the known issues posted? This is a big snafu and I hope it's something being addressed and would like to see something saying so. Otherwise this will be a short lived subscription. I've wanted to have access to my iTunes library for a long time on Android.

What's the story Apple?

Nov 19, 2015 8:37 AM in response to MaDBooM

Same problem here. Nothing is loading under My Music. I contacted support and they pretty much gave up. Said they would pass it on and contact me later. That was over a week ago. I was hopeful the latest update (0.9.1) would fix it. It's nice they've at least given people instructions on how to turn on iCloud Music library but mine was already enabled and still no music. The funny thing is if I add music on my phone I get an error "Something went wrong. Please try again later." yet the song or album I added shows up in iTunes on my computer.

Guess I'll keep waiting... I'm fed up with my current streaming service. My money is here on the table, Apple just needs to fix this.

Nov 20, 2015 7:15 AM in response to jpmkc

C'mon Apple, I have lots of Music I've purchased via iTunes that I can't download in Apple Music because I get the "This item cannot be downloaded because it was not purchased with this ID" messages even though it's my only Apple account. his

I had high hopes for this coming to Android but you're not acknowledging any problems or resolutions.

Dec 15, 2015 5:42 AM in response to MaDBooM

I wanted to update this post in case there were still people having issues with their My Music on Android. Apple Support finally contacted me via email and they wanted to put my account in troubleshooting mode. We did that and their engineers were able to duplicate the issue on my account with their own Android devices. The fix was to reset my iCloud Music Library. They sent me a list of instructions on how to back up my music in iTunes. After we did that they had to reset it on their end. They followed up with me a couple days later and sent me more instructions on how to restore my music. My phone is working now and all the Apple Music I added to my library is showing up on my phone now! Took about a month to resolve but we finally got it. Hope this helps anyone else having issues.

Dec 18, 2015 3:53 AM in response to jpmkc

Hey jpmkc, I have the same problem! I'm glad to hear it helped, gives me hope it will work for me too. Right now I'm waiting for them to reset my iCloud library. I have two questions:

Were your playlists successfully restored and did the songs remain in the same order?

In the 'Recently added' section in 'My music', is the music sorted the same way it was before the reset?

Feb 12, 2016 5:32 PM in response to MaDBooM

Issue persists, v0.9.5 (189), HTC One M9. My iTouch 5 can see all playlists, though is showing the same purchase error explained by previous posters. Both my M8 and M9 experienced this bug, so it might have something to do with Lollipop in general. As Verizon has yet to release Marshmallow, I am unable to verify this theory. I've been with Apple Music since it began, and was one of the first 100 (literally) to download the Android app, so ample time for the app's library to update has passed. I un-/reinstalled the app to no avail, instead amplifying the problem. Now not only are all 40 or so playlists I built are no longer visible, but all Apple-created playlists added prior to reinstallation are present yet inaccessible due to blank titles and filling. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate; as is visible by the Recently Added section near the top, one of the Apple-created lists displays, but is absent in the list of all Apple playlists.

User uploaded file

My Music and Playlists are blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.