Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not accepting extensions, does not appear in System Preferences

In El Capitan's System Preferences/Extensions, Photos does not show up in the left pane; therefore compliant apps like the latest versions of Noiseless, Snapheal etc. cannot install extensions. Has anyone with the same problem solved it?

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 2:08 PM

25 replies

Dec 1, 2015 5:57 AM in response to léonie

Hello léonie and Eden,

I've a similar problem here. On my iMac everything runs with photos extensions as it should be, but not on my two years old MacBook Pro (Both on El Capitan). None of my extensions are showing up (beFunky, Pixelmator Distort, Snapheal CK, Tonality CK, Noiseless CK, Intensify CK, FX Photo Studio CK). Since several weeks I searched for a solution, tried the terminal command above, no way.

My first idea, there are maybe some corrupt settings files, but I don't want to try to delete without knowing which I should try.

Dec 1, 2015 8:53 AM in response to Ralf Chmielus

Ralf,

when you downloaded the kit from the website and extracted/installed the individual applications, there probably was a screen popping up that allowed you to select the applications into which you wanted the extensions installed (at least it did in my case, and "photos" was not in the selection list). I straight away downloaded a copy again, as I suspect that Macphun is in the process of updating the apps, and on second attempt I must have received a later copy so the embedment into photos worked.

In case that you are registering an older trial copy it would be worthwhile downloading a new copy again. If this also does not work, you might have to go to the Applestore and download the 3 apps from there (the price for these individual apps is much less than the total kit price anyway).

Photos not accepting extensions, does not appear in System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.