Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4th gen keep asking for iTunes Store password

The tvOS keeps asking for my iTunes Store password when starting a purchased movie or buying a free app.

I initially setup the Apple TV with my iPhone but it went straight into this behavior so I reset it and configure it manually. After the initial configuration all was ok, no password prompt. So I went ahead and enabled the restrictions and disabled the in-app purchases. ( I have my 2 beautiful reasons for doing that). Once the restrictions enabled the password prompt re-appeared, initially for free apps and then also for the purchased movies. I had disabled the restrictions but without luck.

I also updated the system to 901 but that did not help.

I Did try to find a similar problem on the forum but apparently I am the only one with this issue so I wonder if I am the only one enabling the restrictions since I fail to understand what I do wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Eduard

Apple TV, tvOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 2:06 PM

10 replies

Nov 20, 2015 6:07 PM in response to eduardosan

Got my Apple TV 4th gen in the mail yesterday. Set it up today, same steps as yours:

1) set up using phone

2) enable restrictions

EVERY SINGLE TIME I play a track from a purchased album, I get prompted repeatedly to enter my (long and secure and extremely-painful-to-enter) iTunes password! If I decline, Apple TV iterates over all the following tracks in the album and prompts me for each one!

THis situation makes the Apple TV 4th gen completely unusable for any of my Apple/iTunes owned media.

AT least the third party apps seem fine.

Current state is basically a Roku3, which I unplugged earlier today. Going to be returning the ATV4G if this can't be resolved.

Apple TV 4th gen keep asking for iTunes Store password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.