Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls received on two phones.

SInce upgrading to 9.1 calls are received on two iPhones. Both my husband and I share the same iCloud account.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 6:40 PM

10 replies

Nov 30, 2015 1:11 PM in response to gail from maine

Using the same iCloud ID is not the only part of this issue. This only started recently on our phones.

I tried several things, but this fixed the problem: turn off the Handoff feature on both phones. Only when Handoff is set On on both phones is this a problem. I wonder if it was defaulted ON with iOS 9.1.

Strangely, when I called my phone from a landline, it showed up on my wife's phone as our Epson wireless printer as having called her.

When I called with either one of the phones having Handoff turned off, the call log on the other phone did not show the call.

When I turned the Handoff feature back on - on both phones, the call log on phone 2 showed calls made to phone 1 - and ALSO those which were made when the Handoff feature had been turned off (several minutes earlier).

In short, it's a Handoff issue.

Nov 30, 2015 4:21 PM in response to 2XPR

That's strange. The issue was consistently reproduced on my phones, then stopped when Handoff was turned off on either phone, then started back showing the other phone's calls only when Handoff was turned on in both phones. When they were both turned ON Handoff, they showed the prior calls, not just subsequent calls.

I'll test it again.

Calls received on two phones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.