Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no landscape mode in podcast app

I would love to have this, so when I put my phone on the dashboard of my car (generally when I'm navigating via Waze etc) I can see the podcast list as my downloads play.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2016 2:12 PM

The most used mode for navigation in the car is landscape. Podcasts are mostly listened to while travelling by whatever means, also car.

It is a mystery how apple forgot to add a landscape view to the podcasts app in iOS.

This is obviously a long standing problem. Would be great to have this feature.

The same feature request is pending for the music app. Come on Apple, it's 2016. TIme to have such basic features, don't you think?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2016 2:12 PM in response to karenfromlandenberg

The most used mode for navigation in the car is landscape. Podcasts are mostly listened to while travelling by whatever means, also car.

It is a mystery how apple forgot to add a landscape view to the podcasts app in iOS.

This is obviously a long standing problem. Would be great to have this feature.

The same feature request is pending for the music app. Come on Apple, it's 2016. TIme to have such basic features, don't you think?

no landscape mode in podcast app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.