Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIndows 10 isn't working anymore!!

I have a MacBook Pro and have been running Windows 10 via Bootcamp for a while, everything has been working great. Until today, I get home from work, notice my screen is on, desktop is there, but notice the icons on the bottom right of my tray are gone, no bootcamp, time, etc., only thing on the tray is the Windows button, the all of a sudden the screen flickers, goes blank, flickers again, then comes back on. All my icons are back, everything looks good, i click on windows button, no response, acts like the computer is very busy, takes a while but finally pops up, try to click on restart, no response, computer is frozen, icons all disappear, stays frozen, then flickers, screen goes blank, flickers again and whole process is repeated, over and over and over, only thing that works when i click on it is windows icon in the bottom left of the tray... but nothing else works or responds. Do a hard shutdown, restart, same thing. Do another hard shutdown and now it just stays stuck on the single 1.5" Windows logo half way to booting up, left it there for 30 minutes, nothing... Its working hard, laptop gets really warm but never gets anywhere. I cant figure out how to restore windows 10, only way I'd know how is if i deleted bootcamp and reinstall windows 7 and wait for the free windows 10 upgrade to pop up in the tray??? Dont really have the time for that!!! Also have a bit of valuable stuff on the windows partition i dont wanna lose! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MacBook Pro, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 9:24 PM

11 replies

Nov 10, 2015 9:32 PM in response to Loner T

This may sound dumb of me, but im not used to Apple software at all, i bought this macbook used about 2 months ago, i use it for tuning computers on cars, but had to use windows for my programs, been around PC all my life, this is my first apple. I'll see if i can get u that info. and yes i had automatic updates on

WIndows 10 isn't working anymore!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.