Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Remote volume buttons not working with Samsung HW-H450 Sounder via IR

I've tried programming my Siri Remote to control my Samsung HW-H450 Soundbar, but it fails to work. I know the IR is working in the remote, as I tried programming the volume up button to turn my TV on/off, and the volume down button to change the TV HDMI input, which worked. Why would some IR signals work, and others not work?

Apple TV, Other OS

Posted on Nov 10, 2015 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 9:00 PM

You're not alone because I have the same problem with the identical Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar. I go through the remote learning process, successfully completing both steps. But, when I hit the volume buttons on the Siri remote, the light flashes, but the volume on my Soundbar never changes. I went through the Apple TV remote learning process for using my Soundbar remote at least 5 times, and it always indicates the learning process was successful. Yet, the volume never works. Repositioning the Apple TV around my Samsung HW-F450 hasn't helped either

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2015 9:00 PM in response to W357Y

You're not alone because I have the same problem with the identical Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar. I go through the remote learning process, successfully completing both steps. But, when I hit the volume buttons on the Siri remote, the light flashes, but the volume on my Soundbar never changes. I went through the Apple TV remote learning process for using my Soundbar remote at least 5 times, and it always indicates the learning process was successful. Yet, the volume never works. Repositioning the Apple TV around my Samsung HW-F450 hasn't helped either

Nov 25, 2015 11:35 AM in response to W357Y

I have the same issue with Samsung HW-F355 soundbar. Apple Support says that model "doesn't appear to be compatible" with IR control on the new Apple TV. I asked for specific information on supported soundbar models and why IR gets configured correctly with no error in the interface but then fails to work. With the holiday it will likely take a week to hear anything back but I'll share any info I get here.

Siri Remote volume buttons not working with Samsung HW-H450 Sounder via IR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.