Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime crashes on imac 2007 after upgrade to El Capitan

I Just want to add my name to a number of users that already have written about this problem.

I am in discussion with Apple concerning this problem and so far they have deleted a number of my old applications, then created a new test user but the problem is still there. Later today they have suggested I download and re instal the operating system but it would appear others have already tried this. Hopefully it will be accepted that there is a problem with the software and get an upgrade sorted.

Has anybody actually solved the problem?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, Notification is working.

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 12:45 AM

8 replies

Nov 12, 2015 1:24 PM in response to Philsview

I've done everything suggested and a few other things and it's still crashing on connection. I can call the person and the connecting message comes up but as soon as the connection is going to establish, FaceTime crashes and I get the report screen.

It works on my 2008 MacBook Pro, two iPads, two iPhones but not on either of my iMacs. It's very frustrating because we use FaceTime on our Macs to communicate with others on different levels of this building.

So yes, I'm waiting for an update.

Nov 20, 2015 10:02 PM in response to Philsview

Not really sure where I should be putting these comments however I am sure that as yet there is NO answer to the problem.

Apple didn't believe they had a problem but having talked me through a complete re instal giving a new identity and no other data on the machine the result was exactly the same. They now have screen video of what happens and they say that engineering are working on a resolution but for the moment the problem will remain until at least the next upgrade.

FaceTime crashes on imac 2007 after upgrade to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.