Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4 Siri remote not working with Japan location, and English display language

I live in Japan, and just purchased the new Apple TV 4.

The Siri remote is supposed to work with English language and Japanese language as stated on the Apple website.

When I set the location and language to English, everything works as expected.

When I set the location and language to Japanese, everything works as expected.

The the issue is, when I set the location to Japan, and the language to English, I get the error message saying "Siri is not available in 日本 location"

(日本 means Japan)

Any ideas?

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 12:37 AM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2015 3:55 AM in response to fulmer

Siri on the ATV4 is not the same Siri as on your other Apple devices. It's using a completely different database in the background. Apple had great difficulties bringing Siri to the first eight countries when they launched ATV4. It will take them some time to implement the same features for ATV-Siri as they have for the "old" Siri. For now we have to live with some limitations, that might go away in the future.

Apple TV 4 Siri remote not working with Japan location, and English display language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.