Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has the screen gone black after deletion of several old photos

This iPhone was working normally, but needed some old photos and videos to be deleted. As I was doing so the screen suddenly turned black and now refuses to respond to touch. I have done a restore via iTunes but to no avail. Can someone suggest a solution please? (I/we do already have other more up to date iPhones, but this one worked fine until this issue).

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 6:19 AM

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the screen works, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2015 6:19 AM in response to Sk1pp1

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the screen works, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Why has the screen gone black after deletion of several old photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.