Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just can't open the Finder of my MacBook Air and have lost direct access to my Documents. Otherwise everything is OK...Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance. Philippey

I can no longer open the Finder of my MacBook Air and I have no longer a direct access to my Document (I must use One Drive).

Could you please help me.

Many thanks in advance.

Philippe

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 2:56 AM

1 reply

Nov 12, 2015 11:59 AM in response to PVIVET

Hello PVIVET,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you're unable to open any Finder windows, then I first suggest you start your computer in safe mode, and try to open Finder. This will see if there's anything installed on the computer that could be preventing Finder from working correctly.

Starting up in safe mode

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

If you don't hear a startup chime after pressing the power key, see what to do if your Mac won't turn on.

If you're using FileVault

If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you can still hold down the Shift key immediately after powering on your Mac to start up in safe mode. You might be prompted to log in twice as part of this process – first to unlock the startup disk, and a second time to log into the Finder. You can let go of the Shift key after you see the first login screen.

If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode

If an issue doesn't happen when your Mac is started in safe mode, try restarting again without pressing any keys at startup. If the issue appears to be resolved when you start up normally, it was possibly caused by a cache or a directory issue with your startup disk that safe mode fixed.

If you restart your Mac normally and an issue comes back when you reach your desktop, try disabling any login items that automatically open when you log in.

Try safe mode if your Mac doesn‘t finish starting up

Take care.

I just can't open the Finder of my MacBook Air and have lost direct access to my Documents. Otherwise everything is OK...Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance. Philippey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.