Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s dust under screen

Is anybody else experiencing dust on the top let corner under the screen? my iPhone 6s got replaced 9 days ago, snd the new one is starting to get dust under the screen, same spot.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 7:35 AM

83 replies

Apr 15, 2017 2:19 PM in response to daniel_edinburgh

I just got mine today, and it's the second one i have with the same problem. It's located at the top left corner and looks like a little scratch or some dust (hard to tell) and it's clearly visable when holding the phone up to the light.

All though it's maybe a problem many people are having, i hope it's not something the store will take lightly (as stores do sometimes)

Jun 12, 2017 2:10 PM in response to daniel_edinburgh

Same issue here. First iPhone 6s had it, I bought it in October 2015 and took it to the Apple Store last August, they replaced it no problem. Second iPhone 6s they told me the warranty was only 3 months as it was a replacement device. Dust started showing up again within six months (although not really noticeable in the first 3 months).

Took it to the Apple Store today, was rather given the brush-off by the Genius person. He was insistent the dust couldn't come through the mute button and said it must be from the top side of the device. My bumper doesn't fully cover this area and he said that might be the cause. I wasn't aware you needed a bumper anyway. To cut a long story short he said live with it or pay £289 for a replacement.

Can't say I'm overjoyed. I paid £700 not two years ago which is surely a premium price, and I've had two defective handsets. Am I supposed to have carried on taking each handset back within 3 months to avoid this? 😕

Dec 14, 2015 6:48 PM in response to daniel_edinburgh

Hey Guys,

I'm one of the victim for the same issue with 6s, it starts on the top left corner.

I've got two phone replacements, and a screen replacement in 3 months duration.

This is my first iPhone I've tried, a horrible decision I've made to breaking my contract with Samsung to switch to apple.

I told the Genius bar guys I'm not going to come back if the problem occurs again, I need my money back. I can't waste time roaming around the apple store.

Please share your updates, I'll share my updates here.

Regards,

Akhil

Dec 14, 2015 7:13 PM in response to daniel_edinburgh

Hey Guys,

I'm one of the victim for the same issue with 6s, it starts on the top left corner.

I've got two phone replacements, and a screen replacement in 3 months duration.

This is my first iPhone I've tried, a horrible decision I've made to break my contract with Samsung and switch to apple.

I told the Genius bar guys I'm not going to come back if the problem occurs again, I need my money back. I can't waste time roaming around the apple store.

Please share your updates, I'll share my updates here.

Regards,

Akhil

iPhone 6s dust under screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.