Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview and Mail messages are blank after El Capitan upgrade. Favorite folders that I've dragged to Finder side bar are not there when I want to save or upload a file.

I'm using a MB Air 2015.

Since upgrading, when I try to open a Mail message or Preview, both applications fail to open and the preview of the items to open are blank.

Are there any known fixes?

Also, I have the folders I commonly used dragged to the Finder sidebar. In the Finder window those folders are there but when I want to Save or Upload anything and a box opens, those folders are not there (usually just Remote Disk).

How can I resolve this so my most-used folders are there when I want to open, save, or upload a file?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 12:40 PM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2015 4:55 PM in response to mo_betta

I have a similar issue on a Macbook Air 13" 2011 running OS X 10.11.1. After a while mail messages will appear blank when opening them, and at this point PDFs will also appear blank in Preview (but not Adobe Acrobat), until I do a restart.

All I can see in the Console that looks relevant is:

17/11/15 11:50:21.187 AM WindowServer[169]: CoreAnimation: timed out fence 11d93

17/11/15 11:50:21.191 AM Mail[364]: CoreAnimation: failed to receive fence reply: 10004003

Really irritating and would love to know if anyone has found a fix!

Preview and Mail messages are blank after El Capitan upgrade. Favorite folders that I've dragged to Finder side bar are not there when I want to save or upload a file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.