Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music stuck on splash screen

iPhone 6, IOS 9.1, Music app just gets stuck on the splash screen and I can't access my music. Is this a known problem with IOS 9.1? Is there a way to fix it? Tried several reboots, synced with iTunes, turned off Apple Music in settings. Nothing works.

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 5:18 PM

10 replies

Dec 3, 2015 8:52 AM in response to marsh1955

This worked for me on my iPhone 6s:

1. In settings, Music, switch off Apple Music.

2. In Settings, iTunes and App store, sign out of your iTunes account.

3. Turn off your phone and back on again, try open the music app it should work.

4. Go back to Settings, iTunes and App store and sign back in to your iTunes account.

5. If you go back to music it should still work, if not just repeat, I had to do it a second time for it to stick.

Jan 20, 2016 5:58 PM in response to marsh1955

One note...on my iPhone 6, you need to be connected to a network before the Settings menu will show the option to turn off "Apple Spotify Ripoff"...I mean "Apple Music"..

Dear god, what a waste of everybody's time.

If anyone has an option to rip the Apple Music service completely out of the OS and free up the tiny speck of memory it uses for something else like an outdated grocery list or a picture of something that isn't a strange bimbo in headphones, let me know. After wasting half an hour of my life trying to un-break my phone, they won't get me signing up for the service any time soon.

Jan 29, 2016 5:35 AM in response to aperfumesmelody

Same here. Tried every method suggested and still stuck in the Apple Music loop. Did exactly as jalvidre described multiple times and still that stupid splash screen keeps overriding my music. I select "Not Now" and it shows me my Radio options, but everytime I go to pick a station to listen it starts to load the music for 1-2 seconds then stops and the Apple Music splash screen reappears and asks me again to sign up for trial.

Yesterday I had to switch to Airplane mode to bypass the screen, then back to network/wifi to play the Radio. Guess Apple closed that door in an attempt to force feed their worthless Apple Music service. Stuck in an infinite loop and very sick of seeing this chick now.

Feb 4, 2016 6:31 PM in response to marsh1955

Simple workaround:

1) Double click main button and kill music app by swiping it upwards

2) Put the phone in Airplane Mode

3) Open Music App - should open directly to your offline music

4) Remove Airplane Mode

No need to do any other esoteric workaround. Just kill the app and make sure there is no networks connection and the splash screen will not show up. Note that if already stuck on the splash screen you need to kill the app. Also note that WiFi can be enabled even in Airplane mode so make sure the phone doesn't have ANY network connection before starting the music app.

music stuck on splash screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.