Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Verifying ~~~.app' when I run some specific applications

User uploaded file

I met some strange problem I've never experienced.

When I started the 'Civilization V: Campaign Edition' which was downloaded from the Mac App Store, the dialog with the upper image was shown up.

Few hours ago, this applications works pretty well, but now, it's not.

Have you ever experienced this problem with any kinds of applications you use?

If so, do you have the solution for this problem?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 6:04 PM

I have this problem as well on a MacBook running OSX 10.11.1. The app is Mahjong Deluxe which I bought from the Mac App store using this MacBook and it has been running well. I last used it 24 hours ago with no problems. Now I get the 'Verifying app' message followed by a message saying the app had been purchased on another computer (utter nonsense!) and asking me to login with my Apple ID in order to use the app. After doing that, I got another message saying the app had to be bought through the Australian Mac App store (I am located in Australia). Again, utter nonsense! I bought the app from the App store using my Apple ID. If Apple made a mess of handling the purchase, I fail to see why I have to buy the app again. And why is the issue only appearing now?

Seems to be part of the continuing decline of quality standards in Apple products.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2015 6:04 PM in response to HalbLeiter's

I have this problem as well on a MacBook running OSX 10.11.1. The app is Mahjong Deluxe which I bought from the Mac App store using this MacBook and it has been running well. I last used it 24 hours ago with no problems. Now I get the 'Verifying app' message followed by a message saying the app had been purchased on another computer (utter nonsense!) and asking me to login with my Apple ID in order to use the app. After doing that, I got another message saying the app had to be bought through the Australian Mac App store (I am located in Australia). Again, utter nonsense! I bought the app from the App store using my Apple ID. If Apple made a mess of handling the purchase, I fail to see why I have to buy the app again. And why is the issue only appearing now?

Seems to be part of the continuing decline of quality standards in Apple products.

Nov 11, 2015 9:56 PM in response to HalbLeiter's

I'm experiencing this issue with Civilization V: Campaign Edition, Camtasia 2 and Write on my iMac, all of which I purchased on the Mac App Store on this computer. My issue started earlier today. I was able to use these applications yesterday.

On my Macbook Pro I was asked to sign in since the application was bought on another computer (it wasn't) with Navicat Essentials for SQL Server. Signing in eliminated the issue.

'Verifying ~~~.app' when I run some specific applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.