Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot send sms in my iphone 6 9.1

please help me i cannot send sms in my iphone 6 9.1.am contact my mobile customer care.they told no problem from their side problem is ios update.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 9:48 PM

5 replies

Feb 10, 2016 8:18 PM in response to UGADog

Im having a similar problems with an AT&T iPhone 5c (ME507LL/A). The iOS is current (9.2.1). The carrier is StraightTalk (TFW 23.0). The carrier was able to send an SMS to the iPhone after we provided the IMEI number. After they walked us through multiple steps and rebooting attempts without getting SMS to work properly they said it's not their problem, "it's a problem with the phone". They said we need to take it up with Apple.

1. It sends iMessages without any problem (messages are blue).

2. It sends and receives with someone using Textfree messages (messages are blue).

3. One of our contacts has an iPhone but doesn't use iMessage; SMS works with that person both way (messages are green).

4. Our contacts with Android and Windows phones don't send or receive SMS with this phone. No failure errors, no red exclamatioin points.

Any help would be appreciated.

Feb 13, 2016 10:53 PM in response to sberman

Tried your suggestion Sberman. I backed it up using iTunes and did a reset. It rebooted later like a brand new iPhone. Unfortunately, my attempts still do not send SMS texts. I turned on iMessage while using the cellular data. iMessage texts go through fine, turning it off, and it also disables ability to send texts. Test was from the problem iPhone 5c to my iPhone 6. Any other ideas?

cannot send sms in my iphone 6 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.