Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Pay in other countries / travelling abroad

I live in the U.K and during a couple of trips to the U.S recently I have discovered problems with Apple Pay, I simply can't get it to work when I am abroad. I use Apple Pay frequently here in the U.K with no issue. I alert my bank and credit card company when I travel, giving them the specific dates and places I am traveling too so that there is no chance of my cards being blocked. I can however use my cards (the same cards linked to Wallet) in the U.S in their physical format and have never had any trouble. However when I try to use the same cards through Apple Pay nothing happens, they simply will not work, I even tried using Apple Pay in the Apple store in Portland recently but still it wouldn't work, even the guy that processed my transaction said he couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. I completed the transaction in the Apple store with the same American Express card in its physical format that I had tried moments earlier through Apple Pay. Has anyone had similar problems?

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 12:59 AM

6 replies

Using Apple Pay in other countries / travelling abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.