Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to install Windows 7 on my mac

I have Macbook pro Retina 15 inch, early 2013. And once I used to have Windows 7 on it.

My mac system got upgraded and now I'm using OS X El Captain. While it works with the bootcamp 6, I cannot install Windows 7.

Is it possible to Reinstall bootcamp 6 with Bootcamp 5, to have a chance of Windows 7 successful installation.

I got IOS disk for Windows 7, during installation process everything goes quite well, but after installing windows, it asks me to format the usb drive I had used.

For this I cannot install the most important drivers on it. there is no wifi and usb drive as well.

Could you help to resolve this case?

And whats most important Windows must be the 7.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, OS X El capitan, Version 10.11.1

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, OS X El capitan, Version 10.11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 2:54 AM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2015 4:46 AM in response to AnnaChochia

If your USB is not recognized by Windows, due to missing drivers, download Paragon NTFS Trial. This will give you read-write access to Windows volume.

Copy the contents of the USB to a known directory on the Windows side. Uninstall Paragon once copying is finished. Boot into Windows, and from the known folder/directory run setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder.

unable to install Windows 7 on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.