Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questionmark in urls

Hi,

If I want to save a URL which contains a Questionmark (?) in my created Event, the link does not work anymore, when I click on it. The Event URL is Properly displayed, but when I click on it, and it opens Safari to get to the URL, it converts the ? into %3F.

Is this a iCal bug, or a Safari bug or something Systemwide? Does it maybe has to do with my setup system language (which is german)?

A lot of php sites uses ? in their urls and if I save them in my calendar, they are always useless. I always have to copy paste the URL out of the event into my browser to see the url.

Here is a screenshot, because maybe its easier to understand, what my problem is. As you can see, the URL in the calender box is formatted right (with the ... index.php?mode ...). When I copy paste the URL from cal back to a browser, it works perfectly. But when I click on the URL to let the browser open the site automatically, it changes the URL (... index.php%3Fmode ...) and thus the Page can't be found.

User uploaded file

Does anyone know a solution to this problem, or is it a known bug? Do others have the same problem (though I searched for this topic, I couldn't find any posts, so I don't know, if its something with my mac, or that just other people doesn't save URLs in their cal events)?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 11,3

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 6:49 AM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2016 3:57 AM in response to bamdaschmu

I came across this thread searching for a solution to an issue of %-encoding in Calendar, but this seems to be different. My problem was with copying URLs containing spaces or Unicode characters from the Firefox URL bar, which Firefox automatically encodes, though there is a workaround: http://superuser.com/a/480702

But when I copy the URL of this thread, i.e. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7334428?start=0&tstart=0, the pasted URL looks correct regardless of whether I'm using Firefox or Safari, yet clicking on it incorrectly escapes the question mark.

I'm on OSX El Capitan (10.11.2).

Questionmark in urls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.