Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit on multiple iOS devices

I have two iOS devices on the same iCloud account (iPhone6 and iPad Air2). I have my iPhone as the registered device for all of my Homekit accessories (iHome plug, Hue lighting, and Schlage Sense lock). Everything on the iPhone seems to work great, Siri control and everything, but I can't get my iPad to connect to any of the Homekit enabled devices. I have tried re-logging into my iCloud account, resetting the Homekit devices, and restarting my iPad (several times). Any of the Homekit apps give me the same "Cloud Data Sync In Progress" message. Anyone had any luck getting multiple iOS devices on the same iCloud account working with Homekit and Siri voice control? As a side note, I have shared the Homekit devices with others on other iCloud accounts, and they work just fine as well.

iOS 9.1, Homekit

Posted on Nov 12, 2015 12:08 PM

11 replies

Dec 8, 2015 6:02 AM in response to Mark Christenson

I have gotten the locking to work remotely. Make sure your AppleTV is set to never sleep. It is not real responsive, can take a few seconds to get the current status of the lock, but it does work.\

As for your suggestions Plycam, I have been unable to get Homekit working on my iPad. Multiple resets, logouts from iCloud, restarts, and still nothing. I really don't want to reset Homekit completely on my phone and start over. Everything on the phone is working great, and I don't want to risk breaking that just to get the iPad working.

Dec 7, 2015 4:08 PM in response to danielfromcarver

I see that you have the Schlage Sense deadbolt. Have you been able to make it work remotely? I have tried everything but it still won't work remotely. At one point I thought it was working then I realized that it was just a particularly lucky Bluetooth connection. I will say that within Bluetooth range it is fantastic, and, to be honest, that is most often how it will be used, but it frustrates me that the remote access is not there.

Nov 29, 2015 4:07 PM in response to danielfromcarver

I don't know if this is all needed, but this is what I did to get all my devices working together.

To start fresh I first did go to "privacy" setting and did "reset HomeKit configuration" on the non working device.

Then I made sure:

• All of my devices were on the same Wifi network. (Including Apple TV)
  • I made sure I logged into iCloud on all of my devices with the same Apple ID. (Including Apple TV)
  • iCloud Keychain needs to be enabled and "approve with security code" enabled on all devices.
  • In each of the apps used with HomeKit, you need to have the "allow access to HomeKit" enabled.

I did read something that all this needs to be done before adding your HomeKit items, but I can not confirm this, and didn't need to go this far.

It isn't the quickest in syncing, a couple minutes even.

After all this, I did have to log off iCloud on the one device and log back in for one device to update.

You mentioned that you were able to share with others and HomeKit worked with them, on one device I shared it to my own iCloud email address and then HomeKit worked on that device that I okayed it with.

Hope this helps you, it's great when it's all working together. 8)

Dec 9, 2015 8:47 AM in response to danielfromcarver

I struggled with this A LOT... many resets and rebuilding of HomeKit (what a pain with a large system).

I have successfully got it running on all devices, Siri over LTE and on multiple iOS devices (using the same iCloud account, no invites).

I also am on the New Apple TV. Sleep mode does not affect my Siri control.

Please let me know if you have questions or observations. I know this is so frustrating, it works great when it works though!! Don't give up!

Dec 9, 2015 10:12 AM in response to danielfromcarver

I started by resetting the HomeKit configuration. However, now when I try to add devices (either my Elegato Eve or the Schlage Sense) I get an error that says "iCloud Data Sync is currently in progress. Please try again later". That has been showing for two days.

I supposed I can try to reset the HomeKit config AGAIN. The problem/irritation is that I use Apple Pay somewhat regularly and don't like the requirement to set up the card(s) again.

My Apple TV is a gen3 for this, and it is set to never sleep.

Dec 9, 2015 10:55 AM in response to danielfromcarver

I know your pain... I reset HomeKit and 20+ devices at least 10 times...

If you are getting the dreaded HMError Domain 77 or iCloud Data Sync errors, try resetting your network settings on the primary iOS device...

I logged out of iCloud on all but my phone. Then under General Settings/Reset did a Network Reset while WiFi was off. I had to reconnect to my WiFi but even before I did that, the 77 error cleared and I had full access over LTE. See if that works, if you haven't tried it yet.

Otherwise, I went through a very specific procedure of reconfiguring HomeKit... I can elaborate more if necessary. Just FYI, I had it working with a 3rd gen ATV but it suddenly stopped. I was ready to upgrade to the New ATV anyway so I did that, and it has worked flawlessly for remote control (sleep mode and awake).

Good Luck!

Mar 17, 2016 3:18 AM in response to Dirx808

I'm beginning to suspect with regards to the Elgato Eve's (or any other Bluetooth connected HomeKit devices) it's the supported Bluetooth hardware on the 3rd gen AppleTV that's just not up to specs. Yesterday after reading this topic I decided to swap out the 3rd gen for a 4th gen AppleTV and immediately it all started working! So there definitely seems to be an issue with using 3rd gen AppleTV's and the Elgato Eve. Maybe it's the different Bluetooth hardware that's causing issues on the 3rd gen?

Homekit on multiple iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.